Media Fyte: BreakingNYC Versus The Vlogity






Are Youtube Celebrities really as important as real Hollywood stars? Maybe not, but they are influential and funny. Personally, I find that their vlogs are quite interesting and an excellent source of entertainment.  I can maybe go as far to say that the importance of Hollywood is waning as Internet celebs grow and allow normal people to become and famous and more out there. My two most favorite vloggers and Youtube phenomenons are Ray William Johnson and Philip Defranco. They are both unique and make their own type of jokes.

Ray (Breaking NYC): 
  • Is from New York
  • Still goes to school
  • Talented, funny, and is constantly coming up with more quality videos
  • His jokes often bring up characters or catch phrases from past videos as inside jokes
  • He has new stuff to show every week
  • His vlog is interactive with his viewers
  • 308,640 subscribers
Phillip (The Vlogity):
  • Lives in California
  • Very interactive with the viewer
  • Jokes are random and sporadic (sometimes uses a squeaky voice)
  • New stuff each weak
  • Very likable and willing to make jokes towards himself
  • 341,348 subscribers
Although they are both funny, I have to side with Ray because his jokes are less random and more "relevant". This not to say that I hate Phil's jokes but Phil can be very silly and well outgoing. Ray has the essence of being outgoing but is less random. Ray videos also have a tinge of drama and allow us to really explore his world. They both update us frequently and I love each of their shows/vlogs but the winner of this weeks media fyte is Ray.

You can judge for yourself: (these are some of my favorites)


0 Response to "Media Fyte: BreakingNYC Versus The Vlogity"

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger