Date Night: Date Worth Breaking Up With
Overview: The generic conflict of a withering relationship between a pair married couples turned into a comedy with a slight different twist. (Sound supper familiar?) They go on a date and meet up with some unexpected conflict. They learn to work together as a dynamic duo and entertain us through some surreal situations.
Grade: C+ Genre: Comedy
The plot of Date Night is very similar to many other movies. At least, I can say that the overlying theme is very generic. The main point of the movie was that these two couples are finding marriage so boring and static. Then there is that very well known scene of another couple breaking up or something else that causes them to stir a little inside and ponder about their situation. If you have watched Couples Retreat then you know that there is the same underlying theme, but at the same time the way that they present these two equal situations is different. The way that Date Night presents this is only describable with the word, lame. I honestly feel that story did not distinguish itself enough to become a success. Unlikely Couples Retreat, It did not come up with different and exciting twist. Date Night can be described to the level of a Disney Movie (the same thing over and over again).Fortunately, the jokes and humor in the movie were not completely left out. Steve Carrel and Tina Fey have a magic ability of delivering jokes with a flare that immediately sparks humor. I honestly feel like this movie was a writer’s fail and not bad acting. I laughed many time throughout the movie, but it did not balance out the ridiculously unoriginal story. As I talk about the jokes and comedy in this movie, I must mention that there was a lack of good jokes. What were you thinking? You have the two most talented comedians from The Office and 30 Rock, and you fail to make a comedic movie. How is that even possible? (*cough* bad writing)
All in all, due to a lack of good jokes or original movie storyline, I recommend that you not watch this, but if you’re a fan of Steve and Tina simply wait for the dvd and rent it. It simply isn’t worth the hour and thirty minutes on a perfectly good weekend.
RSS Feed
0 Response to "Date Night: Date Worth Breaking Up With"
Post a Comment