The Last Song

Overview: A heart-warming tale of a girl, who moves with her dad to a quite beach town that learns many important lessons. She learns to love and warm up to her dad even in here post-teen years due to her tear-jerking relationship with a certain someone.

Grade: C-                                                                         Genre: Drama, Romance

Have you guys heard about the new movie, “The Last Song?” Unfortunately, I did, and I regret visiting Imdb. Seriously, I am a movie addict because I practically divulge myself into the exciting angst of upcoming movies and celebrities. Therefore I learn about these crazy movies such as, “The Last Song.” Now if you have heard about this movie, you probably know that it is starring Hanna Montana or is Miley Cyrus, (is there a difference?) The movie is based on a book written by Nicholas Sparks the creator of, “The Notebook,” which was a heart-wrenching and tear-jerking movie. Obviously this movie was also meant to be deep, emotional, and all that other mushy stuff, but where is it? “The Notebook,” is literally the pinnacle of emotion and tears. If we took all the tears of tough men that have watched this movie, we could still make a huge lake. “The Notebook,” was the epitome of girls and even guys alike crying for hours. I was disappointed but not at the movie though. In fact, I was disappointed in myself. I should have seen it coming because how was a grade F, Disney actress supposed to pull this off? Simply put, Miley cannot and should not act. Stick to singing Miley because we can always just rock out to, “Party in the USA.” I love everybody else acting in the movie. She lacks enough emotions to be a lead role and to little ability and skill to do anything. Perhaps if instead of watching the movie we read the script I would have and could have enjoyed the experience. I guess what I am trying to point out is that the story is grade A but the acting is horrible. I know I am being really hung up about this one thing about her acting, but honestly it is like a fly… no not even, it is a mosquito it irritates you for being there and then leaves a mark. The pain and annoyance last for a long time. Movies are meant to entertain and this movie simply forgets to do so. “The Last Song,” is good concept that is poorly created into a monstrous disaster. Irritated and confused, I highly recommend you not hurt yourself or waste money on this movie. Rather stay home and visit my blog (mediafyte.blogspot.com) for more reviews, exciting news, and fun little article pertaining to the entertainment world.

0 Response to "The Last Song"

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger